Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Sister-in-Law Erin has introduced me to my new addiction, cooking blogs, home decor blogs....do you know there are blogs for everything!

Anyways, when I see something cute...I will pass it along. I know that all my Bro's- Joe, Dan, Dave, Bryan, Brett, Eric and Evan will appreciate all the helpful tips. Hey maybe we can turn all our blogs into craft blogs!


Chewy Granola Bars

They are chewy and homemade, a perfect after-school treat.
Chewy Granola Bars Recipe:



2 1/2 c. Oats - quick rolled oats
1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1/4 c. coconut
1/2 c. M&M minis
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Add all of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Press into a square 8×8 pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars. Let it set completely and then cut into bars. For thinner bars, press mix into a 9×13 pan. They seem to set a little better in the 9×13 pan. For additional topping ideas visit my Mini Chip Granola Bars post.

6 comments:

Lacei Child said...

Yummy! I gotta try those! ~love ya!

Bryan & Bobbie said...

Hey I just got home from school. where's mine? Those look REALLY good!

Cami said...

now you need to share your fav. blogs!

The Real Jim Heywood said...

John, you're always surprising us with your diversity!

joeheywood said...

I've never really understood M&Ms in desserts (cookies, ice-cream, rice krispy treats, etc).

Every time I eat M&Ms my mouth hurts. It's like eating chocolate wrapped in glass.

Anonymous said...

This blog is crafty.

-Eric